Best Blog For Safety Products | Safety Xpress
show / hide sidebar
The 4 Most Common Questions About Bollards Answered
A bollard is a sturdy, short vertical post which is used to guide traffic, mark boundaries and protect assets. They are also useful safety equipment which restricts access to public and private places. Many Australian businesses are using bollards to block vehicle invasion and to protect their property.
In fact, installing bollards is a cost-effective way to balance security and appeal of workplaces. While considering bollards as safety equipment, people often ask a few common questions. Here are the answers to the four most common questions about bollards :
#1 Why Do You Need Bollards?
Considering the growing
traffic scenario and the scarcity of parking spaces, it is possible to miss any written instructions. That’s wh
ol and safety device like a bollard can be helpful. Bollards can
form a protective barrier and prevent vehicles from driving in the restricted areas.
The best part is, unlike other barriers
, such as fences or concrete
blocks, bollards are flexible. So, you can restrict vehicle access while
allowing clear pedestrian flow.
#2 What Are the Benefits of Bollards?
Today, the bollards are a common sight and can be seen outside supermarkets, hotels, shops, commercial properties, etc. Bollards are most commonly used as a safety measure in and around buildings. Here are the benefits that come with bollards:
- Bollards can be installed to control traffic and prevent car ramming attacks.
- They are a practical and cost-effective barricading solution for stores and buildings.
- They come in different sizes and shapes, can suit different needs.
- They can be a great way to manage pedestrian safety.
#3 What are the Different Types of Bollards?
a) Removable Bollards
If you are considering the most affordable safety option, then removable bollards are the ultimate choice. It’s easy to unlock the removable bollards and take them out. These bollards are available in stainless steel or galvanised steel. Also, you can customise the look according to your requirements.
- Suitable for basic access control applications and situations where the need to restrict traffic can change frequently.
- Meets the needs for barrier plans, vehicle queuing and other building protection requirements.
- Mainly used in factory door entry points and even across driveways.
- Bollards are recommended for commercial applications where the budget is a primary concern.
- Improves the visibility of the building at night with a reflective strip.
b) Fixed Bollards
If you are considering a heavy-duty control for your property like a parking space or access drive, then fixed bollards can be an option. Fixed bollards are a practical solution when there is no need to vary access. They are made of Galvanised Steel, 316 Grade Stainless Steel and even High Strength Flexible Plastic and are constructed to withstand the impact of an accident.
- They are secured to the ground to deter vehicle collisions.
- Fixed bollards provide customers with secure bike parking.
- Enhance the aesthetic appeal of any architectural space whilst providing pedestrian protection.
c) In-ground Bollards
In-Ground Bollards are made of top quality steel and can be easily installedat the time of concrete pouring or into existing concrete via core drilling and cementing around the in-place bollard. They are ideal for protection against ram aids or instances where a vehicle travels at a high-speed around your business, home or other assets. They are available in a wide range including galvanized in-ground bollards; powder coated in-ground bollards or stainless steel in-ground bollards.
- In-ground bollards are designed for high volume traffic areas such as entry points or boom gates.
- Maintain the stylish architectural look and feel.
- Highly preferable in areas such as car yards, shopping centres and at the front of corporate buildings for classic appeal.
d) Fold Down Bollards
Fold down bollards allows you to easily secure your parking spot. These hinged bollards can be locked in an upright position or folded flat to the ground. They come with a locking functionality, so you can easily lock it in an upright position to guard your parking spot.
- Acts as a parking spot protector which is used to stop anyone attempting to park in your spot.
- Ideal solution for driveways, laneways, warehouses and parking lots where vehicle parking is limited and access has to be authorised.
- It comes with a reflective strip that makes it easily visible during the night time.
#4 Where Can You Find the Best Bollards?
Bollards can create visible boundaries of a property, separate areas for controlling traffic or prevent entry of vehicles in a restricted area. If you are looking to buy bollards from anywhere in Australia, then Safety Xpress is a great choice.
We can assure you will get the best prices for bollards and 100% product satisfaction. With us, you get the ease of comparing and buying bollards online from the comfort of your home or office.
So, to get all kinds of bollards at one place, check out our whole range of bollards here.