Best Blog For Safety Products | Safety Xpress
show / hide sidebar
- How Many Bollards Do You Need and How Much Will They Cost?
- Billboard Bollards: Perfect for Branding Your Business
- Retail Theft Is Serious. Are You Doing Enough to Secure Your Retail Store?
- 4 Smart Parking Solutions That Every Car Owner Must Use
- Top Questions About App-Controlled Parking Lock Answered
Everything You Need To Know Before Buying Wheel Stops
As the name suggests, Wheel Stops are used to stop wheels. It is a traffic management device that works as a boundary when parking a vehicle.
It alerts drivers and stops them from running over the designated parking area. You can avoid collisions and unnecessary damage to a vehicle with Wheel Stops.
They are very helpful in narrow parking complexes and are suitable for almost any car park application. You can spot Wheel Stops at many commercial, industrial and residential areas, including apartments, shopping centres, schools, medical centres and any carpark that has frequent, high volume traffic.
What Are The Features Of Wheel Stops?
- Wheel Stops have reflective markings which enable high visibility during the day and at night
- They are oil and heat resistant
- They protect pedestrian pavements and cycle lanes
- They are weatherproof i.e. they are effective in all kinds of weather conditions
- They are UV stable and do not fade
- They are quick and easy to install
- Each one comes with a manufacturer’s warranty
What Are The Types of Wheel Stops?
- Rubber Wheel Stops
These economical Rubber Wheel Stops are manufactured from a strong recycled material and have reflective epoxy yellow panels. They are most suited for factories, warehouses and parking complexes. The best part about our rubber Wheel Stops is that they are very simple to install and use and each one comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty! Complies with Australian Standards AS 2890.1:2004.
- Polyethylene Wheel Stops
These Polyethylene Wheel Stops come in an attractive design. Polyethylene is a type of plastic known for its strength and durability. These Wheel Stops not only provide you with maximum strength but also give a clean professional look to your parking complex. They will not warp, crack, chip or rot. They are light-weight and can be installed by just one person. If you buy Polyethylene Wheel Stops from our website, you will get a 5-year warranty with them. You can rest assured knowing that they comply with Australian Standards AS 2890.1:2004.
Where To Install Wheel Stops?
- Uneven Surfaces
The use of Wheel Stops is not just limited to commercial, industrial or residential areas. Australia has many uneven landscapes and using Wheel Stops can avoid vehicles from rolling backwards on a slope. Therefore, installing Wheel Stops in places such as parks and recreation reserves can help to keep users of these spaces safe and separate from vehicles.
Customer parking is often close to storefront windows and accidents can and do easily happen. Installing wheel stops between your storefront and the parking area can limit damage to storefronts and keep a distance between walkways and vehicles.
- Residential Areas
Parking around your home can be enhanced through the use of wheel stops. Driving into your garage can sometimes be tricky knowing when to stop for good clearance at the front and back of your vehicle. Particularly so if you reverse into your parking spot. A wheel stop allows you to manoeuvre your vehicle with confidence. Sloping driveways can also prove difficult and wheel stops are useful for ensuring vehicles stop where they are supposed to.
Wheel Stops can be installed along fence lines to stop cars from overparking and impinging on pedestrian walkways. They protect pedestrians from accidental collisions and injuries from vehicles.
How Can Wheel Stops Be A Benefit?
- They are an economical solution for managing traffic
- They give maximum visibility during the day as well as night because of their reflective tapes
- They come in varied materials, like rubber and plastic polyethylene. You can select the material according to your preference and need
- They are simple to install and do not require any extra labour
- They are environment-friendly, and made from recycled materials like rubber
- They are resistant to extreme weather conditions, UV light, oil and moisture
- They do not damage a low front-end vehicle
- They are easy to maintain. They do not rust, crack, crumble, corrode and do not need repainting
- They can be used as both, a temporary and a permanent solution
Considerations When Buying Wheel Stops
You must consider the following things when buying Wheel Stops:
- Use Different Colours For Dividing The Parking Complex
Check to see if the Wheel Stops are available in various colours so that you can use them in different areas of the parking facilities. For instance, you could use yellow Wheel Stops for the standard parking, blue Wheel Stops for the disabled parking and the red Wheel Stops for reserved or valet parking.
- Check The Length Of The Wheel Stops Depending On The Vehicle Size
Consider the length of the Wheel Stops before buying them. It is important for you to consider the size of the Wheel Stops depending on the type of the vehicles you expect. For example, if you are installing Wheel Stops in shopping centres or other commercial establishments where regular vehicles will go, you can opt for the normal length of 1650mm, but in case of truck parking, you should consider a minimum size of 2500mm by placing two truck Wheel Stops side by side. There are also some smaller Wheel Stops available which are great for use when space is limited and which is designed for one vehicle wheel to rest against.
- What Fixings Will You Require?
Depending on the surface that the Wheel Stops will be installed on, the fixings required to install them may be different. Gravel and concrete surfaces require different fixings to ensure that the Wheel Stops are not going to move when pressure is put against them. Ensure you have clear instructions on how to install your Wheel Stops as well as all the correct tools to get the job done right!
Wheel Stops are definitely worth considering for any car or truck park area, especially in high volume traffic places.
You can explore the range of rubber; plastic polyethylene Wheel Stops on our website- www.safetyxpress.com.au.
We are the leading supplier of traffic calming equipment and safety products. You can order Wheel Stops as per your requirements and we can arrange same day dispatch for you if you order before noon. We deliver Australia wide. If you have any queries regarding the right Wheel Stop to buy, we are just a call away. You will also find installation guides on our website to assist you with installing your Safety Xpress Wheel Stops. You can contact us on 1300 049 246.
We also publish informational blogs every week to help you increase the safety of your workplace. You can subscribe to these blogs here.