Best Blog For Safety Products | Safety Xpress
show / hide sidebar
- How to Install Speed Humps in Less Than 30 Minutes
- We Now Supply And Even Install Bollards In Melbourne, Sydney & Other Australian Cities
- 3 Most Effective Ways to Manage High Traffic Floors
- 6 Applications of Epoxy Floor Coating and How to Get It Right
- Why Your Warehouse Needs Line Marking and How to Get It Right?
How to Install Speed Humps in Less Than 30 Minutes
A speed hump is one
of the most effective products to control speed limits. This product is
effective and yet very easy to install. You just need a bit of precision and
care along with some knowledge on Australian Standards.
Many of our clients install speed humps themselves by following our installation guide. But, if you don’t have much time or expertise - we recommend our trusted installers and colleagues at Durasafe.
Installing Speed Humps By Yourself
Our speed humps come with a detailed instruction guide. You can follow these step-by-step and can install them by yourself.
But, before we begin with the installation process, it is essential to consider a few things to ensure you buy the right speed humps:
- Consider your reasons for installing speed humps
- Consider the material speed humps are made of
- Consider their patterns
- Consider the traffic calming guidelines
This will enable you to choose the right speed humps and will also ease your installation process.
What You Will Need for Installing Speed Humps?
All our speed humps are manufactured in compliance with the Australian Standard 2890.1:2004. We make sure that no matter what type of speed hump you choose - heavy-duty, rubber or temporary ones, they cater to your requirements in the best way possible.
You will need the following things to install our speed humps:
- A hammer drill with a 14mm masonry drill bit
- The M10 screw fixings (you will get these with the speed humps)
- A 17mm socket
- A hammer
- An industrial vacuum or a hand broom (this is optional)
Quick Steps to Install a Speed Hump
- Check the surroundings where you want to place the speed humps while unloading and unpacking them.
- Get all the fixing supplies together inone place. Fixings are supplied with the product.
- Place the speed humps exactly at the location where you want to install them. Make sure they are in a straight line. You can do this by using a string line or measuring tape.
- With a hammer drill, drill through the hump holes using a 14mm masonry drill bit.
- Lift the drill up and down to ensure the hole is clean and in the correct place.
- Remove all the residue and dust from the holes by brushing or vacuuming it.
- Drill each hole till you attain an approximate depth of 120mm.
- Remove all the concrete dust and ensure that the hole is of correct depth for the supplied fixings.
If residue or dust remains in the holes, fixings may not fit. Be very careful with this step.
- Drive the supplied plastic plug into the holes. Be sure that the plugs are driven in straight.
- Hammer the plugs in so that they sit firmly in the fixing hole. So, you need to be cautious here.
- Once the plugs are in the holes, place the speed hump section over it and line up the holes.
- Next, place the M10 fixing screw (supplied) through the speed hump hole.
- Use the 17mm socket to tighten up the M10 screw. Do not overtighten as this will rip the plastic plug.
- Repeat the process for each section of speed hump.
- Once the installation is done, clear the dust from the installation site. Carrying out this process won't take you long, especially if you have used these tools in the past. Also, consider asking a friend or colleague to help you. This will make the installation process quicker.
Getting Speed Humps Installed By A Professional Installer
But, just in case you are not comfortable with tools or simply don’t have the time for installing speed humps – hire a professional installer.
This will obviously benefit you and you will have peace of mind because your speed humps will be installed accurately.
If you seek professional help, the installation won’t take more than 30 minutes for a metre of speed humps to be installed correctly.*
We recommend the professional installers at Durasafe. They always come prepared with all the resources required to install speed humps correctly. This means they are capable of not only carrying out the installation work quickly but also solving any issues up front, should they arise during the course of the job.
They will assess your location and advise you on the appropriate distance between the speed humps.
They can also advise you on the recommended application of speed humps in your facility and required speed hump signage at your location. Our clients who used their service got the speed humps installed in accordance with their specific requirements.
So, if you are in a hurry and want a speed hump to be installed with long-lasting results, you know whom to select for the job.
If you have any questions about speed humps or installation, you can call us on 1300 049 246.
*30 minutes is an approximate time for the installation of one metre of speed humps. Dependant on surface and access conditions.